Need vital information related to wardrobes? Here’s some tips you can use…
Sometimes there’s that one little empty spot in your bedroom, and you’re not quite sure what to fill it with. Why not fill the space with a new wardrobe closet? Everyone could use a little more organization in their life, and a wardrobe is a perfect way to keep your things neat and organized – and even concealed behind a sliding door. Here’s some information on wardrobes that can get you started.
Organizing Your Wardrobe Closet
Is your wardrobe getting a little too messy for your taste? Because of the amount of space in a wardrobe, sometimes it’s easy for it to get a little bit cluttered – or maybe a lot cluttered. You might have to end up donating some clothes that you don’t wear anymore, but here are a few good tips to get you started on cleaning out your wardrobe:
The easiest way to get started is to take everything out of your wardrobe. This way you know exactly how much space you have and everything you have to fit in there. The first thing you should do is go through and throw away all of your trash. This will clear things up pretty quickly.
Next, you should organize your clothes according to season: fall, winter, summer, spring. Do this with your shoes, too. You don’t need winter boots in August. Pack up your off-season clothes and shoes and store them somewhere else. It’s hard to temporarily part with those clothes and shoes, but again, you’re not going to need winter boots in the middle of summer.
Fold your t-shirts and pajamas instead of hanging them. You can put these in drawers and keep hanging space for nice clothes that shouldn’t be wrinkled. Hang up nice clothes, like work clothes, dresses, and coats.
Organize by color. Don’t worry about keeping your short-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts apart, just put them in order by color. That way you’ll always be able to find what you’re looking for. Finally, Either purchase a shoe organizer or place your shoes neatly on the ground or in drawers. You should also try and organize these by color
Unfortunately, cleaning out your wardrobe is the easy part. Keeping it organized is much harder. Do the best you can to keep it clean; keep up with your laundry and make sure you organize them by color each time you’re putting everything away. It can get disorganized really quickly, so be sure to pay attention. If it starts to get out of hand, fix it before it becomes a huge mess.
Unfortunately, everyone has wardrobe malfunction. It’s embarrassing in the moment, and there usually isn’t too much you can do about it, but here are some tips for after:
- Make sure you look incredible the next time you go out. Don’t talk about it; just avoid the subject. If someone does bring it up, then just laugh about it nonchalantly. People just want a reaction from you; don’t let their words get to you
- Avoid the kind of people that will make a big deal about it. If you can’t avoid those people, then simply ask them to leave you alone about it
- Don’t make a big deal about it yourself. Don’t bring it up yourself just for attention. Unless you enjoy being made fun of, try not to draw attention to yourself. Just lay low for a while, and eventually people won’t bring it up anymore
Make Your Own Built-In Wardrobe
Need some space to organize but can’t afford a new wardrobe? Build your own. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it really isn’t that hard to build your own. You’ll need: carpentry tools, nails and screws, 2-by-4 wood, a jigsaw, drywall, primer, paint, sliding doors, and closet fittings. You can either find these online or at your local do-it-yourself hardware store. Once you have all of your supplies, follow these simple steps:
- Get blueprints. Whether you’re planning on drawing your own or finding them online, you’re going to need a set of blueprints to follow. It’d make things a lot harder to simply build from scratch
- Before you start putting things together, make sure you know where your electrical lines are in the walls. You don’t want to drill through them, so mark them with colored tape to make sure you stay away from them
- Mark the spot where you plan on putting your two sideboards. Use the 2-by-4 wood to construct the walls and attach them where you’ve made your marks
- Make a small mark in the center of the wardrobe to make sure you’ve got everything lined up how it’s supposed to be
- Nail the 2-by-4’s to the floor and ceiling where you want them
- Make a door frame out of additional 2-by-4’s
- Create shelves by nailing in drywall that has been precut. Nail them to the sides of the wardrobe and the back wall
- Put in your sliding doors. You should follow the instructions on the manual for this
- Finish the outside of your wardrobe by sanding down your 2-by-4’s and adding drywall. Once you have your drywall appropriately attached, prime and paint it
- Add rods to your wardrobe for hanging clothes. Keep in mind that you’ll need more hanging space for some items, like dresses and coats
- Other optional things to add are drawers and light fixtures. If you add light fixtures, make sure you are close enough to the electrical lines in your bedroom
Your local furniture store should carry wardrobes if you don’t feel like you can build one, but if you have the proper carpentry tools and good blueprints, you should be alright doing it on your own. It is also a lot cheaper to build it yourself. Another option is finding an old piece of furniture at a yard sale or something and fixing it up. That way you don’t have to worry about specific measurements, but you can still customize it to be what you want.